Time flies. Can you believe that it has been 20 years since RSPA (now PHMSA) published docket HM-126F regarding training?
Final rule HM-126F is now incorporated into the 49 CFR regulations Part 172 Subpart H. Subpart H stipulates that:
- A hazmat employer shall ensure that each of its hazmat employees is trained in accordance with the requirements prescribed in this subpart
- Employees may not perform functions without appropriate training
- Training may be provided by the hazmat employer or other public or private sources
- A hazmat employer shall ensure that each of its hazmat employees is tested by appropriate means on the topics covered
Hazmat employee training must include the following:
- General awareness/familiarization training
- Function-specific training
- Safety training
- Security awareness training
- In-depth security training
Often times both function-specific and in-depth security training is better done onsite by the employer. It is the employer’s responsibility to certify that the hazmat employee can perform their job, and do so safely.
For more than 25 years, ICC has provided companies with training that complies with these regulations. We offer training that complies with the general awareness/familiarization, security awareness, safety and some function specific topics.
Ask us about our scheduled public training for ground, air or ocean at our facilities across North American. We also offer GHS training, and new OSHA compliant safety training.
Call 888.442.9628 for more information. Have a problem? We have a solution.