Transport Canada has posted on its website Amendment T – Provisions for Orphan Releases. This is a proposed regulation and has NOT been published in the Canada Gazette.
Amendment T outlines the compensation for implementing an ERAP at the request of the Minister. There are 4 sections that will be added:
- 7.10 Compensation for Authorization to Implement an Approved Emergency Response Assistance Plan (ERAP)
- 7.10.1 Compensation Limits
- 7.10.2 Claims for Compensation
- 7.11 Emergency Response Assistance Plan for Emergency Response Contractors
Section 7.10 outlines what expenses will be covered, such as:
- death, disability or injury to the plan holder or its employees
- overhead costs for the plan response
- cost of employees or contractors
- use of tools, vehicles, hoses, pumps, generators, etc.
- travel expenses – meals, accommodation, fuel, flights, etc.
- rental fees
- repair costs for equipment damaged during the response
- cost of defending any legal action