Shipper/Receiver – Niagara Falls, NY
Home / Careers /
This position is responsible for completing shipping and receiving duties outlined below and processing related paperwork.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Accpac and carrier-specific shipping software.
- Learning to use and understanding the proper use of a fork lift, pallet jack, knife and tape gun
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates knowledge and accurately applies all computer related duties as appropriate and scheduled.
- Receives and inspects incoming shipments for discrepancies and damages and reports problems promptly to the appropriate person.
- Signs for incoming deliveries, load and unloads delivery trailers/trucks by hand or with material handling equipment as needed.
- Prepares items accurately for shipment according to customer orders/instructions by retrieving from the warehouse, packaging, weighing on a scale and documenting correct shipments details.
- Stores materials and supplies with the warehouse according to part number and/or description by safely performing physical tasks such as lifting, carrying and stacking by hand or safely using material handling equipment.
- Understands the concepts of FIFO (first in, first out), cycle counts, and proper warehouse handling procedures.
- Kit assembly (place bottles, cans, bags, cardboard inserts into a box that will go into a large shipping box).
- Maintains shipping and receiving documentation in a neat and orderly manner.
- Maintains the warehouse and receiving area in a safe and orderly manner, including general cleaning.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently exposure to working near moving mechanical parts
- Risk of electrical shock
- Occasionally exposure to working in high, precarious places; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and vibration
- Moderate noise level
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
- Specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Ooccasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste or smell
This position would require proactive thinking to solve various concerns, problems and improvements related to shipping and receiving products and raw materials. Attention to detail and the willingness to challenge the norms would be expected. This person should have the ability to think "outside the box" and use his/her initiative to solve problems and be able to follow procedures.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please email your resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for their interest but only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.