Interactive Online Training (e-Learning) FAQs
Home / FAQ /
Content-related and technical questions regarding our e-Learning webinars.
- What is e-Learning?
- What are the benefits of e-Learning?
- What is the difference between a webinar and a traditional training session?
- What e-Learning courses are available?
- Are there e-Learning courses in French?
- Will we have access to the webinar after it is complete?
- What format is the prerecorded webinars in?
- How do I join a Webinar?
- Do I need a GoToWebinar account to attend a Webinar?
- What are the system requirements?
- Can I view presentations in full-screen format?
- How long are the courses?
- Do I need any course materials when taking an e-Learning course?
- Do I have to take a test?
- What happens if I don't pass the test?
- Will I be certified upon completing the course?
- How many participants can join a webinar?
- Are there any additional references?
1. What is e-Learning?
Electronic learning (or e-Learning) is a type of learning whereby instruction is given using computer technology. ICC Compliance Center's e-Learning courses are delivered on the web through a user-friendly interface. Anyone who is comfortable in front of a computer will be comfortable taking a webinar. Audio portion is done using a long distance, USA based phone number.
2. What are the benefits of e-Learning?
e-Learning offers companies flexibility in training its employees including:
- Self-paced learning
- 24-hour availability on demand
- Elimination of airfare, hotel and other travel expenses
- Cost-effective in reaching remote companies/employees that would otherwise be costly due to incidental travel expenses
- Current and future participants have access to the same content for consistent training
3. What is the difference between a webinar and a traditional training session?
There is really no difference. You will get the same quality of material, the same knowledgeable instructor, and the same question and answer opportunity.
4. What e-Learning courses are available?
Currently, the following e-Learning courses are available:
- Driver and Handler Ground Training in Canada
- Electrical Safety Training Training
- OSHA Safety Training
- OSHA GHS Training
- Shipping Biological Substances
- Shipping Dangerous Goods by Air Refresher Training
- Shipping Dangerous Goods by Ground in Canada
- Shipping Dangerous Goods by Sea Training
- Shipping Hazardous Materials by Ground in the USA Training
- Shipping Lithium Batteries by Air
- Shipping Radioactive Materials by Ground and Air
- Transborder Training (Canada)
- WHMIS Online Training
- Custom courses available by request
5. Are there e-Learning courses in French?
The majority of our e-Learning courses are provided in English. French e-Learning courses are currently under development and will be available later this year.
6. Will we have access to the webinar after it is complete?
Live instructor-led courses are not recorded. We do offer prerecorded webinars for all courses that we offer. If a custom, in-house webinar is done, recording is an option that can be discussed with the training coordinator.
7. What format are the prerecorded webinars in?
Our prerecorded webinars are formated as Windows Media Player (.wmv) files.
8. How do I join a Webinar?
Joining a Webinar on a PC or Mac® computer is easy. When you receive a Webinar email invitation, click the registration link and register for the Webinar. You can then join the Webinar at the scheduled time by clicking the "Join a Webinar" button or link in your confirmation email, which will be automatically sent to you after registering. You do not need to pre-install any software prior to joining the Webinar.Another way to join a Webinar is to go to www.joinwebinar.com, type or paste in the Webinar ID provided by the organizer and enter your email address, click "Yes" or "Always" (or "Trust" on a Mac) if prompted to accept the download, and, if required, enter the Webinar password provided by the organizer.
9. Do I need a GoToWebinar account to attend a Webinar?
You do not need to have a GoToWebinar account to register for and join a Webinar organized by a GoToWebinar customer. You also do not need to pre-install any software prior to joining the Webinar. You participate as a guest of the Webinar organizer, at no cost to you.
10. What are the system requirements?
To attend a Webinar on a PC, the following is required:
- Windows® 2000, XP, 2003 Server or Vista
- Cable modem, DSL or better Internet connection
- Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (Recommended) (2 GB of RAM for Windows® Vista)
To attend a Webinar on a Mac, the following is required:
- Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer
- Cable modem, DSL or better Internet connection
- Power PC G4/G5 or Intel processor (521 MB of RAM or better recommended)
Participants wishing to connect to audio using Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) will need a fast Internet connection, a microphone and speakers (a USB headset is recommended).
11. Can I view presentations in full-screen format?
Yes. On the top of the Attendee Control Panel, click the View Menu button and select the Full Screen option. Or, on the Attendee Grab Tab on the side of the control panel you can click the View button to toggle between Full Screen and Window viewing. For an illustrated explanation, consult the GoToWebinar Attendee Help page.
12. How long are the courses?
The duration of each course depends on the topic. Introductory courses are approximately 12–18 hours covering topics such as national/international regulations, training requirements, operator responsibilities, amendments and updates. Refresher courses are 6 hours and geared towards students who have previous experience. E-learning courses can be broken into segments. These segments can be done over several days or even several weeks. Our public sessions general are broken into 3-hour segments. Custom, in-house e-learning classes can be broken into segments of the customers' choice. Prerecorded webinars are recorded in segments, and can be viewed accordingly.
13. Do I need any course materials when taking an e-Learning course?
Yes, a student workbook will be sent to you free of charge via standard ground service. An expedited delivery service is available at an additional charge. Student workbooks come with exercises, and any applicable quizzes are completed online. Relevant publications are required to complete most courses and sold separately.
14. Do I have to take a test?
A quiz will be provided at the end of the e-Learning course to ensure understanding of the content. Once the quiz is graded, a personalized training certificate will be mailed to you.
15. What happens if I don't pass the test?
In the unlikely event that students do not pass the quiz, they will be given an opportunity to redo the quiz and/or sit through the e-Learning course again. Our instructor or training coordinator will contact your supervisor, who will advise if redoing the quiz and/or e-Learning course is necessary.
16. Will I be certified upon completing the course?
A certificate of attendance will be issued and mailed to you, indicating instruction was provided in your chosen e-Learning course topic. It is up to your company to determine if you are certified to do the job at hand.
17. How many participants can join a webinar?
Each webinar can have up to 999 participants.
18. Are there any additional references?
See the official GoToWebinar Attendee Quick Reference Guide for more information.