Watch the what's new video - Click here
BarTender contains features that will please experienced label designers without sacrificing the ease-of-use required by first-time users. It delivers a very wide range of capabilities, including extensive data sourcing.
Bartender for label design works greatly in Windows® environments because Seagull Scientific® offers true Windows print drivers. TrueType fonts can be handled professionally with this software. Bartender also allows you to create text in different shapes such as arcs. It also supports different type of image format and creation of barcodes in linear and 2D formats.
Call today and ask for a complimentary sample labels package.
- True WYSIWYG label design
- Design labels up to 128 inches (3.25 m) long and/or wide (subject to limits of printer and driver)
- "New Label" wizard ensures proper label setup and optimizes performance
- Drag and drop creation of all objects, including lines, boxes, ellipses, and graphic images
- Unlimited undo / redo command
- Functions for automatic alignment of multiple objects
- One-tenth degree rotation of lines, boxes, text, and graphics
- Export bar codes and labels for use in other programs
- Customizable print-time prompts for keyboard and scanner data
- Customizable library of reusable components
- Library of "ready-to-print" label formats
- Metric and US measurements
- Database of thousands of name brand label sizes
- Any number of label rows and columns per sheet
- Automatic computation of label size from number of rows and columns
- Versatile font support: TrueType, Adobe, PostScript, downloadable, and built-in printer fonts
- On-screen text editing and sizing
- Stretch text horizontally or vertically
- Automatic on-the-fly resizing of text to fit within predefined height and width
- Arc and circular text
- Basic paragraph support: aligning and spacing
- Advanced paragraph support: justifying and indenting
- User-definable tab stops
- White-on-black text printing (specified with a single mouse click)
Graphics, Images and Symbols
- Numerous 1 and 2 dimensional symbologies
- Extensive library of industry-standard bar code formats
- Variable and unlimited width and height
- Minimum width limited only by printer resolution
- GS1 (formerly UCC/EAN) Application Identifier setup wizard
- Automatic check digit capability
- Sequentially numbered bar codes
- Place "human readable" text anywhere in relation to bar codes
- Customizable "human readable" character template
- Independently suppress or display characters from different sub-fields
- Draw lines, circles, ellipses, rectangles, rounded rectangles and filled rectangles
- Import more than 70 graphic formats, including BMP, DCX, DIB, DXF, EPS, GIF, IMG, JPG, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIF, WMF, WPG, and more
- Acquire design-time images directly from scanners and cameras
- Basic image processing: adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, sharpness, smoothing, cropping and more
- Industry-specific graphic symbol font libraries
- Linked graphics allow changes to external graphics without having to edit label formats
- Specify background images and colors to appear "behind" label designs
- Advanced on-screen print preview
- Advanced cutter control
- Local and network printer support
- True Windows drivers, can be used by other programs
- Seagull drivers with status monitor display printer status in the standard Windows spooler
- Speed optimization reuses repeating data instead of resending it
- Supports printer-based bar codes, serial numbers, time, date, and copies
- Label copy count controllable from keyboard and database
- History Explorer (not available when printing using the Hazcom Print Utility) lets you view logged information about past label jobs, including images of the labels and any print job messages that may have been generated
- Reprint Console (not available when printing using the Hazcom Print Utility) allows you to quickly navigate logs of previous label jobs and reprint all or just some of the labels. Works even if the database from which the original label data was read has changed.
- Basic serialization (increment, numeric base 10)
- Numeric, alphabetic, and alphanumeric increment / decrement by any interval
- Separate rollover / rollunder and value reset options
- Preserve or expand field length when rolling over
- Base 36 and custom base serialization
- Microsoft OLE DB and ODBC support, including drivers for: Access, AS/400, Btrieve, dBase, Excel, Informix, Interbase, MySQL, Oracle database, Pervasive.SQL, PostgreSQL, Progress, SQL Server, Sybase, and more
- Read Excel files
- Read ASCII & Unicode text files (quote & comma, fixed width, and user-defined delimitation)
- Drag and drop data linking
- Versatile multiple-table data access
- Import variable graphics from databases
- Data query wizard and custom SQL assistant
- Individual record-picking at print time
- Full-system unicode support (field names, files, servers, printers, etc.)
- Visual Basic scripting for custom data processing
- Use and/or exclude select portions of database fields
- Customizable data-entry filters and error checking
- Shareable data fields
- Easy entry of special and "unprintable" control characters
- Source data with keyboard, time and date (from PC or printer)
- User-definable min and max field lengths
System Administration and Security
- Can be run as "background" application
- Automated printer selection
- Logs errors and events to a file
- Log BarTender print job details to a database
- Lock down individual label formats with passwords
- Lock down BarTender into a password-protected "print-only" mode
- "Security Center" manages user permissions and encrypts label formats
|Supporting Operating System
||Windows Server 2003 (SP1 and higher), Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, XP (SP3 and higher), Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. Includes all 32-bit and 64-bit (x64) editions.
Older versions of Windows: Click here to view compatibility information for legacy versions of Windows.
- Minimum 400 MB free space required for English-only version of BarTender.
- Up to 1.1 GB free space required for full, multilingual BarTender Application Suite.
- Additional free disk space required to enable optional logging of print jobs and event messages to a database.
||1 GHz or higher
||512 MB or higher
||800 x 600 (1024 x 768 or higher recommended)
||The .NET Framework 2.0 (SP2) is required. Part of .NET Framework 3.5 is required for Print Station. The BarTender installer will automatically install all required .NET Framework components. The 32-bit versions of the required .NET components are included on the CD. For older 64-bit operating systems (XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008 pre-R2), the installer requires a live internet connection to download the required .NET components. Newer 64-bit operating systems (Vista, Server 2008 R2, and Windows 7) all ship with the required components.
||Microsoft Internet Explorer v6 or higher required for History Explorer and BarTender help system.
||Logging of print jobs and event messages requires either Microsoft SQL 2005 Express (included with BarTender) or Microsoft SQL 2005 (or higher) Server (purchased from a database vendor).
|(Note: TCP/IP network protocol is required for both the Automation and Enterprise Automation editions.)|