Business Development Manager – Various Locations
Home / Careers /
Home based locations in – California, Pennsylvania and Ohio
The BDM is responsible for securing, maintaining and growing long-term, profitable business from prospective and existing clients. The BDM is expected to meet or exceed sales targets, ensure superb customer service and satisfaction, and generate sales growth through prospecting new account development. To achieve this, the BDM is expected to apply sound and proven sales and marketing strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively contact current, past and potential clients with the aim of maximizing sales potential by phone and in person as needed
- Combine a hunter and farmer mentality to proactively identify “low-hanging fruit”;
- Provide quotations, and follow up on requests for orders and quotations;
- Develop positive relationships with new and existing clients through professional, enthusiastic and friendly interaction;
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis and ensure all existing contracts are renewed on time;
- Develop a new client base through active prospecting and cold calling;
- Report all findings in CRM software including potential sales, complaints and problems, new product ideas, competitive information, areas for growth and expansion;
- Record all outgoing activity in CRM to form the basis of your opportunity tracking, lead development and subsequent sales. Minimum 160 records per month to be logged
- Make use of all tools provided to maximize sales potential;
- Collect contact names and information regarding other locations to be passed on to other members of the sales team;
- Actively participate in company sales promotions, attend local trade shows, conferences and industry related networking events;
- Assist with other departments or projects as required;
- Provide and complete required reports to Management as requested;
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of company products, services and training
- Suggest new and better ways to improve systems, procedures, and customer relations.
- Strong desire and past success as a ‘hunter’ to find and develop profitable new business;
- Strong sales skills with ability to effectively present proposals and deliver presentations;
- Excellent relationship development skills;
- Resourceful and self-motivated to reach and exceed monthly sales quota;
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
- Ability to add value by recognizing, understanding and working in the best interest of clients;
- Attention to detail, follow-through and ability to multitask;
- Background in Corrugated Packaging and/or Flexographic/Silk Screen/Digital printing and/or Transportation/Workplace Safety and Compliance is required
- Ability to solve practical problems, applying analytical reasoning;
- Knowledge of IATA, IMDG, 49CFR, TDG and OSHA (GHS) regulations an asset;
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, CRM;
- Ability to work effectively when unsupervised as well as in a team environment;
- Ability to project a professional image at all times;
- Must have reliable means of transportation as travel is required;
- Credit card or other means to support travel expenses until reimbursed;
- University/College graduate in business administration an asset.
- Multiple territories and locations
- Travel required 50% of the time split between day and overnight travel.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please email your resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com. We thank everyone for their interest but only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.