Regulatory Specialist – SDS Authoring Specialist Job Posting
Home / Careers /
Niagara Falls, NY or Houston, TX. Home based positions will be considered.
The Regulatory Specialist provides dangerous goods regulatory expertise to clients and staff through numerous mechanisms. The specialist will be required to author safety data sheets and other hazard communication documents. In addition, the specialist will supply technical recommendations and provide consultative support regarding program and product development to internal staff and customers. This position may also require technical writing for articles, blogs, and may require teaching and speaking engagements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Author and review safety data sheets using internal software;
- Author and review labeltext and other hazard communication documents;
- Participate in trade association meetings to maintain the company’s high profile status in industry;
- Provide regulatory support for development of regulatory products;
- Offer internal training to improve other departments’ understanding of regulatory;
- Answer helpdesk calls for clients;
- Transfer client contact information from client calls to CRM software to cultivate possible sales opportunities;
- Suggest improvements regarding new and current products/services;
- Participate in meetings and attend offsite industry meetings/seminars;
- Maintain a good understanding of products/services;
- Occasionally assist other departments with daily functions and special projects;
- Create articles or blogs on a regular basis;
- Provide regulatory services to meet WHMIS, OSHA/ANSI, 49CFR, TDG, IATA, IMDG, EU CLP, GHS, CCCR, CPSC and/or other regulations as applicable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and CRM software;
- Comprehensive knowledge of WHMIS, OSHA/ANSI, 49CFR, TDG, IATA, IMDG, EU CLP, GHS, CCCR, CPSC and/or other regulations as applicable;
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
- Ability to effectively deliver classroom presentations to an adult audience;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Ability to focus efforts in the best interest of clients;
- Capacity to adapt positively to evolving situations;
- Aptitude to analyze and solve problems;
- Ability to work unsupervised or in a team environment;
- University or college graduate in sciences, chemistry or engineering an asset;
- Fluently bilingual in English and French or Spanish an asset.
- Occasional to extensive overnight travel may be required;
- Occasional evening and/or weekend work is required.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please email your resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com. We thank everyone for their interest but only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.