Online Training FAQs
Home / FAQ /
Content-related and technical questions regarding our e-Learning webinars.
- What is online training?
- How can I view online training?
- What are the benefits of online training?
- What online training is available?
- Will I have access to the online training once I have completed it?
- How long is an online training course?
- Do I need any course materials for an online training course?
- Do I have to take a test?
- What happens if I donít pass the test?
- Will I be certifed upon completion of the online training course?
- How many people can take an online training course?
- Why are the online training courses so much shorter than a live class?
1. What is online training?
Online training is a type of learning whereby instruction is internet-based. ICC Compliance Center offers online training that is delivered through a learning management system (LMS) and live webinars delivered by a live instructor via the internet. Anyone who is comfortable in front of a computer will be comfortable taking an online training or live webinar course.
2. How can I view online training?
Online training can be viewed on computers, laptops, and mobile devices. The courses are created using standards that will allow playback on most internet connected devices with standard web browsing capabilities including most smart phones and tablets running Apple iOS, Android, and Windows operating systems.
3. What are the benefits of online training?
- Self-paced learning
- 24 hour availability
- Cost effective in reaching remote companies/employees that would otherwise be costly due to travel expenses
- Current and future participants have access to the same content for consistent training
- Elimination of airfare, hotel, and other travel expenses
- Can be stopped at the end of each section and re-started as needed
- Ability to print your own certificate immediately after achieving a score of 80% or higher on the quiz
4. What online training is available?
We have courses available in English and French languages.
For a full list of courses click here.
5. Will I have access to the online training once I have completed it?
No, however, there is a PDF (a handout) of the presentation available to print out, which you are advised to do once you begin the training.
6. How long is an online training course?
The duration of each course depends on the topic. Courses range from 10 minutes to just under 4 hours.
7. Do I need any course materials for an online training course?
- A PDF (a handout) of the presentation is available to print at the start of the course.
- You will also need a copy of the current regulations for the course(s) you are taking.
- 49 CFR for ground courses in the US
- TDG for ground courses in Canada
- IATA for air courses
- IMDG for ocean courses
8. Do I have to take a test?
Quiz questions are provided throughout the presentation at the end of most sections to ensure understanding of the content. At the end of the course, all quiz question answers will be tallied and upon achieving an 80% or better, a certificate of completion will automatically be available to you in your training account.
9. What happens if I donít pass the test?
You have five attempts to obtain a score of 80% or higher answering the quiz questions. If you donít succeed on your first attempt, you may re-take the online training up to five times.
10. Will I be certified upon completion of the online training course?
Once you obtain an 80% or better answering the quiz questions, a certificate of completion will be available to you in your training account. It is your employerís responsibility to determine if you are certified to do the job at hand. Once he/she signs your certificate, you will be certified.
11. How many people can take an online training course?
Each course purchased is good for one (1) participant.
12. Why are the online training courses so much shorter than a live class?
Although the content is the same, being in a live classroom allows for instant question and answer time, along with handsĖon exercises for all of the participants which adds time to the length of the course.