WHMIS Web-Based Training
Home / News / Press Releases /
NIAGARA FALLS, New York—April 14, 2004—ICC Compliance Center has released its Web-based training program for the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (Web-based training program for WHMIS) regulations.
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) exists to provide a complete information system for the safe use of hazardous materials in Canadian workplaces. Proper product labels, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and education programs constitute a large part of this system.
ICC Compliance Center's innovative Web-based training for WHMIS offers a unique training experience for both employees and their supervisors.
Advantages of Web-based training:
- Training is available anytime, anywhere
- No restriction on pace and learning time
- Trainee status and statistics are easily available to the supervisor
- Content and learning is personalized and selected by the supervisor
- No more scheduling conflicts
- No travel cost for students or instructor
- Training designed by knowledgeable Regulatory Specialists
- Training certificate issued upon successful completion
- Ease of use and navigation – Text is simple to read and understand. Each course content page fits on your screen, there's no need to scroll.
- Custom-tailored training for each trainee – Trainees only learn concepts directly related to their job.
- All reference materials are included and up-to-date
- Special Management Features – New trainees can be registered at any time by the course supervisor. Trainees can begin training within minutes of registration. The course software will automatically record the status, progress and scores of all trainees. Certificates can be printed once the course has been successfully completed or if a replacement certificate is needed.
- Location Manager – Allows the administrator to add and administer student rosters by location.
- Student Registry – Allows administrators to manage student rosters, enable/disable access to the course, request additional students and request extensions to the default timeout per licensed student.
- Student Management
- Track student progress including total time spent on the course and current quiz average
- Track quiz results and responses including time spent to respond to each question, quiz review and response review
- Force quiz retakes when a student has performed below the expected level set by the administrator
- Deliver certificates dynamically to the student upon passing the course to the expected level set by the administrator
- Interactive messaging between administrator and student.
Visit our WHMIS online training page for more information.