CellBlockEx - Absorbent/Fire/Heat/Smoke Suppressant
Home / Packaging / Absorbents and Cushions / CellBlockEx
A safe, simple solution for fire prevention or containment
CellBlockEX is a multi-functional, environmentally friendly, non-combustible, mineral-based fire extinguishing agent comprised of recycled glass used for fire containment and prevention. Through a proprietary process, the post-consumer recycled glass is finely ground, mixed, and formed into granules. It is then sintered and foamed in a rotary kiln to create lightweight spheres with a closed cellular pore structure. CellBlockEX’s smooth spherical shape safely covers and encloses products and packaging and won’t degrade when exposed to vibration or friction in the shipping process.
Tested by the Material Testing Institute (MPA), in Dresden, Germany, the loose-fill can be used as a fire suppressant in industrial and residential construction to fill cavities from suspended ceilings, to cable shafts, lines, and pipes. Used as a packaging filler, it can protect products from damage, vibrations, and impacts.
- Green, non-combustible, and sustainable – made from post-consumer recycled glass
- Tested by the Material Testing Institute (MPA) Dresden
- Effectively binds liquids, gases, and vapors – absorbs approx. 200% of its own weight
- Displaces oxygen, absorbs energy, and suffocates the fire
- Forms an impervious cocoon around the fire load
- Versatile - can be used as a fire suppressant, an absorption agent, and a filler
- Green - 100% mineral-based, environmentally safe, reusable, and harmless to health (does not contain Crystalline Silica)
- Unaffected by heat, moisture, and chemicals
- Insect, bacteria, and mold resistant
- Multi-functional - suitable for class A, B, D, and K fire loads including metal fires, lithium-ion battery fires, and combustible liquids
- Low dust content and easily removable without the mess of water, halon, vermiculite, pumice, or sand
How CellBlockEX Works
Covering a fire load with CellBlockEX granulate displaces oxygen and separates it from the fuel, suffocating the fire.
Due to its specific thermal capacity, CellBlockEX absorbs heat, thereby cooling the fire, and disrupting the thermal reaction.
Fire Gas Filtering
Just like liquids, gases and vapors accumulate on the large surface area of the CellBlockEX granulate and are bound for disposal.
Due to the CellBlockEX grain shape, very dense sphere packing is achieved. The supply of oxygen is impeded by the packed bed, and the formation of combustible gases is prevented.
Sorbency of Liquids
The special granulate mixture combined with the porous, large grain surface, effectively binds liquids.
Like glass, CellBlockEX melts at a high temp. The granulates absorb heat in the form of melting energy, and cools the fire while forming an impervious layer over the fire load, preventing a reaction with oxygen. Even difficult to control metal fires, such as sodium or magnesium, can be extinguished with CellBlockEX.