The IMDG Code is in conjunction with government regulations under the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea and was developed as a uniform international code for the transport of dangerous goods by sea covering such matters as packing, container traffic and stowage, with particular reference to the segregation of incompatible substances.
The two-volume Code is divided into seven parts:
Volume 1 (parts 1, 2 and 4-7 of the Code) contains:
- General provisions, definitions, training
- Packing and tank provisions (new packing instructions)
- Consignment procedures
- Construction and testing of packagings, IBCs, large packagings, portable tanks and road tank vehicles
- Transport operations
- Whole Part 7 has been revised — all illustrations
on segregation are going in a separate circular and in the Supplement
Volume 2 contains Part 3:
- The Dangerous Goods List, presented in tabular format
- Limited Quantities & Excepted Quantities exceptions
- The Index
The IMDG Code book e-reader versions are fully bookmarked and indexed with linking throughout. They are an exact copy of the hard copy titles and available in English.
You will be required to download the e-reader software (EBK files – link will be provided after purchase). Purchased titles will be locked to a single computer. Only 75% of the text can be printed per day and it cannot be printed as a pdf. The e-reader software is for Windows use and MAC users need to use a Windows emulator e.g. Boot Camp or Parallels Desktop) in order to view the files.
IMPORTANT: Your product key (license) for your IATA publication and the download instructions will be sent to your account’s email address in 1-2 business days.