Check items to add to the cart or select all
This online course provides information that will prepare you to handle situations that you may encounter when working, hunting, camping, or traveling in bear country. In addition to teaching you about the general characteristics and habits of bears, you will learn how to recognize and react to both defensive and non-defensive attacks to ensure you make it home unharmed.
Bear Awareness Online Course Topics:
- Differences between grizzly and black bears
- General characteristics
- Bear behavior and body language
- Signs of agitation
- Distribution of bear populations
- Food sources
- Hunting, camping, and traveling safely in bear country
- How to store food in a campsite
- Avoiding a bear encounter
- Recognizing and reacting to defensive and non-defensive attacks
- When and how to play dead
- Using and handling bear spray
- Bear bangers
Testing conducted in this online Bear Awareness course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
You may also be interested in the following products
As low as: $89.96