2016 ERG Emergency Response Guidebook
Home / Publications /
The preparation of this book is a joint effort between the transportation agencies of the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Download the complete 2016 ERG!PDF (English) — Download now »
PDF (French) — Coming Soon
PDF (Spanish) — Download now »
The Emergency Response Guidebook is used by emergency services personnel to provide guidance for initial response to hazardous material and dangerous goods incidents. This publication helps to provide consistent emergency response procedures for hazardous materials in North America, and is an essential tool for preparedness, planning and training. Available in standard (5.5" x 7.5") and pocket (4" x 5.5") size versions.
2016 ERG Begins Shipping in May!
See all ERG publications and pre-order the 2016 edition:
Buy Now US · Buy Now Canada
Summary of changes to the 2016 ERG
- Replaced written instructions on page 1 with a flow chart to show how to use the 2016 ERG
- Expanded Table of Placards and updated title to Table of Markings, Labels, and Placards and Initial Response Guide to Use on Scene
- Expanded Rail Car Identification Chart and Road Trailer Identification Chart to two pages each
- Updated Table 1 and Table 3 based on new TIH data and reactivity research
- Updated pipeline emergency response information
- Added information about Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) markings
- Added all new dangerous goods/hazardous materials listed in UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods to 19th Revised Edition
- Added information on Emergency Response Assistance Plans (ERAP) applicable in Canada