Check items to add to the cart or select all
This is an awareness level course and may not meet regulatory training requirements for CPR certification in your area. Please review regulation information.
According to the American Heart Association, approximately 92% of cardiac arrest victims die before reaching the hospital. The human brain can only survive a 4–6 minute period without oxygen, but cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is a technique used to slow the process of brain death by restarting the heart and getting a person breathing again. CPR can provide oxygen to the brain and other vital organs of a person who, by every indication, is dead. Used early and correctly, the technique can buy time for the victim until medical attention can be given.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize how a trained and equipped responder initially responds to a cardiac or respiratory emergency
- Protect yourself if blood is present
- Recognize the signs of respiratory emergencies, cardiac arrest, and choking emergencies
- Explain the steps for giving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to an adult
- Explain the steps for providing early defibrillation with an automated external defibrillator (AED) to an adult
- Explain the steps for giving abdominal thrusts to clear the airway for a conscious adult
This course was designed to help satisfy requirements of the following regulations:
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.151(b), Subpart K
- U.S. Department of Labor, OSHA Technical Information Bulletin: Cardiac Arrest and Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) - TIB 01-12-17
- 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- American Heart Association, Circulation 2008; 117; 2162-2167
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Course Topics
- Initial response
- Defibrillation (AEDs)
- Abdominal thrusts
CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) COURSE ASSESSMENT: Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
You may also be interested in the following products
As low as: $89.96