After extensive stakeholder consultation, Canada, USA, and Mexico will release the all-new 2020 edition of the North America Emergency Response Guidebook. The new ERG will be released this spring and shipping this summer, barring any COVID-19 delays.
After the introduction of the flow chart in the 2016 edition, what can we expect in the 2020 edition? Here’s is a quick overview of some changes that will be in the next edition of the 2020 ERG:
- The Orange Pages – An introductory page to better explain how to use the safety recommendations and emergency response information guides.
- The White Pages – These have been reviewed for plain language, and sections will be added covering decontamination and rail tank cars Heat-Induced Tears (HIT).
- The green pages – A visual tab has been added to show the differences between Tables 1, 2, and 3.
- The glossary will include new terms and their definitions
- A new cautionary inhalation toxicity statement is added to petroleum crude oil containing dissolved hydrogen sulfide gas UN1267 guide 128
- Better illustrations will appear in the rail car and road trailer identifications charts
- The new January 1st, 2019 lithium battery marking has been added
- To better align with recent Model Regulations, all out-of-date UN numbers will be removed, and new ones will be added.
After consultations with Canadian First Responders on if the ERG should retain relevant CBRN content and the consensus was to maintain such information, however, the chemical warfare agents in the numerical and alphabetical lists will not be assigned UN numbers as they are not commercially transported.
We, at ICC Compliance Center, are looking forward to having the new 2020 ERG in our inventory ready to ship to our customers. Order your copies today.
We have all the products, services and training you need to ensure your staff is properly trained and informed.
2020 Emergency Response Guide (ERG)