Shipping Dangerous Goods by Ground & Air in the U.S.A.
For those who are already familiar with shipping hazardous materials/dangerous goods by ground and air, we have created a new course which allows you to learn the essential material, in less time.
Attending this training will provide you with information needed to ship your products, in compliance with the 49 CFR and the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
Students who complete this course will be issued a certification which holds an expiry of 2 years, per the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations and other national transportation regulations.
As identified in the IATA Regulations and by national governmental agencies such as the U.S. Department of Transport, at a minimum, the following personnel require General Awareness and job-specific training if they:
- Classify dangerous goods and identify Proper Shipping Names of Dangerous goods;
- Pack dangerous goods;
- Mark, label or placard dangerous goods;
- Prepare transport documents for dangerous goods;
- Offer dangerous goods for transport;
- Handle dangerous goods in transport;
- Prepare dangerous goods loading/stowage plans;
- Carry dangerous goods in transport;
- Enforce or survey or inspect for compliance with applicable rules and regulations; or are otherwise involved in the transport of dangerous goods as determined by the competent authority
Course materials provided are as follows:
- Student Handouts
- General Information
- Shipping by Air Chart
- Placarding for Road and Rail
- UN Chart